1. I had a bad few days for various reasons, and, as ever, I tend to slip up on LJ when that happens. I'm caught up again, but apologies if I missed things. Today feels a little better at least! (Nothing terrible happened, but I went very low & technology failed on me at some points - if anyone knows of a good alternative to the VLC-player that isn't either madly fiddly & thus slow or also affected by this aspect ratio bug re. screencaps, I would be happy to hear about it. The only reason I have VLC Player is for screencapping. I do have another program that does it, but it's fiddly & stupid in many ways so I only use it when I'm forced. Also my little TV/DVD player broke yesterday, which is almost in the terrible category. I feel ridiculous
that one person should need two TVs, but getting rid of the proper one downstairs would be silly & unhelpful and I can't quite get by yet without my little one to hand for the lowest days when downstairs is too much to handle. :-/)
2. Naturally, in the middle of this (well, prior to the TV-demise), I applied my usual solution of watching old TV with favourite actors and reached the episode of Hadleigh
that starred James Maxwell. Hadleigh
is not a show that goes in for villains, but they made an exception for James Maxwell. However, it was a nice role and nobody attached anything to his face whatsoever, so overall that was a win. I'll do a picspam and waffle more about that sometime. (Obviously I braved my annoying program to cap that one. But. Argh.) (I was meant to be watching the previous episode, but it was by the same person who kept writing about people wanting to impregnate everybody in Survivors
and I promised myself that if he wrote one word about pregnancy, I was skipping to James Maxwell. I thought that was a joke, but the episode was about someone thinking she was pregnant. Dear God, all these 70s writers with weird obsessions that people keep letting them write...! /o\ I skipped to James Maxwell and was very happy to do so. Even if he was villainous.)
3. Anyway, nice things! Remix Redux went live
last night* & I had the lovely surprise of discovering that someone had remixed my Spooks
ficlet where Ruth and Harry live happily ever after running a bookshop in Devon. So now there is more
Ruth/Harry/Bookshop/can't stop being spies ever fic in the world & I rec it heartily to anyone who knows Spooks
:All Russians are Spies (The Retirement Remix)
(1278 words) by Anonymous
Fandom: Spooks | MI-5
Rating: General Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Ruth Evershed/Harry Pearce
Characters: Ruth Evershed, Harry Pearce
Additional Tags: Alternate Universe, bookshops
Ruth's happy, running a second hand bookshop in Devon. Harry, however, is bored.
(I've read/looked at a few other fics, too, and I think I might have guessed at least three authors in the process, but I have some reading to do later on when I might be properly awake. Remix Madness won't go live until probably actually tomorrow for me).
4. Working on an hc_bingo square still, though! Should be done soon! (I mean, that square, not the card, or even a row yet, obv.)
* It was this morning for me!